Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Staff Highlight: Misty Hardin



  We are very pleased to have Misty Hardin join us on staff full-time at Urban Sanctuary! Misty is a very talented esthetician who has been doing facialswaxing and make-up in Athens for several years. She knows the Naturopathica Skincare line very well, loves make-up, is very passionate about skin care and giving personal service. It shows.

Misty, what attracted you to the skin care profession?

I used to have really bad skin and was very self-conscious about my face. It really affected my social life. I was actually diagnosed with rosacea and I also had a lot of acne. When I finally got up the nerve to have my first  facial, I was 23. I had been discouraged about my skin for so many years by then, and I said to the lady, "I don't think you're going to be able to do anything about my skin because it's just so bad." The woman doing my facial said, "Of course I can help! Your skin isn't that bad." She was so encouraging, Dena Lafera, an Athens celebrity as it turns out!

I was really surprised at how much better my skin looked and felt after just one facial. The redness and irritation went down a lot! I felt so much better about my face and more confident in general... That's when I thought, I really want to do this for people - I could totally help people.


Where are you from, and how did you end up in Athens?

I'm from Gwinnett County and I grew up in Barrow County. I started driving to Athens every day for work after I graduated from the Atlanta School of Aesthetics. When I lived in Crawfordville, it used to take me an hour to drive to town each day to work and then I turned around, and did that drive again every night. After putting up with all of that driving for about a year and a half, I finally moved to Athens.

How do you like living here?

I love it! I love being close to everything. Living in Crawfordville, it took me 30-60 minutes to get to any stores.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I love to shop for clothes. I hang out with my family and my boyfriend a lot. We watch a lot of television. I listen to a whole lot of country music. People give me a hard time about it, but I just love country music.

Who do you like to listen to?

Alan Jackson, Reba, Rascal Platts, Eric Church, Hunter Hayes and Dolly Parton

What are your favorite TV shows and movies?

First 48 and Dance Mom 5. Also, The Notebook and Paul


     Misty gives an amazing facial. She loves doing make-up applications and has many years experience with make-up services dating back to her department store job years before she went to school for Esthetics. Her extensive knowledge of problem skin care coupled with her sweet and gentle personality make Misty a fine esthetician. Unwind at Urban Sanctuary. Have a facial, make-up application or waxing service with Misty. Call 706-613-3947 to get on her schedule. Misty works Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Treat yourself!





No comments:

Post a Comment