Friday, November 13, 2015

New Staff Highlight:Scarlet Ryan

 Scarlet's  staff profile  is on our website.Click staff on the tool bar, then facials.
Scarlet brings over 16 years experience in day spa skincare to Urban Sanctuary. She holds a medical esthetics license and is expert at speed waxing, microdermabrasion, advanced facials and makeup application. She gives an amazing facial! Here we share with you a few interesting details about Scarlet's life and career.

Scarlet moved here from Knoxville, Tennessee. She and her 10 year old daughter, Keira, live in Watkinsville with their cat. Keira attends Malcomb Bridge Elementary School, plays softball and studies contemporary dance 3 or 4 nights a week. Scarlet and Keira go to the Athens Farmers Market at Bishop Park almost every Saturday morning.

Scarlet's sister lives here and other family as well. This was what brought Scarlet and Keira to the area. They are enjoying being here and meeting all of the new people and personalities in Athens, as well as being with family. When Scarlet gets a night off between Keira's dance class and softball practice, she likes sitting on the Patio at Fuzzy's downtown sipping margueritas.

Born in Rochester, Scarlet lived in upstate New York and in the Atlanta area at different stages while growing up.

Scarlet tell me about your family and friends.

" I have family and friends all over the country and visit as often as possible; I really love traveling. My family is extremely Irish and celebrate their heritage any chance they get. We all have shamrock tattoos. Lol."

What do you like to do to relax when you are not at work?

"I love to cook and entertain, but can't  follow a recipe or measure ingredients. LOVE sushi if I get a grown up night. I like reading murder mysteries and I really like Pinterest. I get lots of great ideas for crafts and gift making on Pinterest, which usually turn out pretty well when I try them."

What got you interested in the field of esthetics?

"I actually worked at Glamour Shots in the 1990's when I was in high school. Remember Glamour shots? That was so fun. I also freelanced makeup of events and makeup for department stores. I was really into it. I really love makeup. People told me I could make more of a career out of it if I  got professionally trained:That is what had me look into esthetics school, originally."

"Once in school, I discovered that I just absolutely love skincare. It was makeup that got me there, but I discovered I love all of it, the science behind skincare, the service of giving facials and I love to know the chemical compounds in skincare products!"

How have you managed to learn the details of skincare chemistry? 

"Well, we were taught some of that at International School of Skin and Nail Care in Atlanta. However, after school I worked at Spa Sydell where they used to train all of the staff in the science behind skincare. It was fascinating to me! The owner created her own product line and we would learn the chemical compounds in all of the in house skincare products. I was hooked back then and have been ever since."

You have lots of  professional training and certifications under your belt. Can we name a few?

"I've had specialized face and neck massage classes, extensive chemistry and product knowledge training and hold a medical esthetics license. I learned speed waxing techniques with Renee Poignard. I've also had stage makeup classes, runway, fantasy and bridal makeup training."

Scarlet ran the skincare department at Spa Visage in Knoxville, Tennessee and was lead esthetician at Spa Sydell in Atlanta for many years prior to that.. She is a true gem. We are very fortunate to have her with us at Urban Sanctuary.

Book a facial, makeup application or waxing appointment with Scarlet by calling our front desk at 706-613-3947. Or purchase a gift certificate online and send a friend in. Urban Sanctuary is open seven days a week. Scarlet works Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Browse our Facial Menu, Advanced Facials, Microdermabrasion, Makeup Services and Waxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment